Kreuzberg/Phillip Cross


Located on Cross Mountain which can be reached by taking FM 474 NE out of Boerne; drive about 7 miles to Kreuzberg Rd. which is the road to Cave Without a Name. About one mile up Kreuzberg Rd. on the left is the old Kreuzberg school, which is next to the old Kreuzberg Shooting Club. The cross is behind the old school but cannot be seen from the road. A locked gate blocks access to Phillip Cross.
- Location submitted by Duane Peterson, - July, 2008

HISTORY

The original Kreuzberg Cross was erected in 1847 by Joseph Vincent Phillip on a hill near the present location of the Kreuzberg Shooting Club which has been in the same location for over a hundred years.

Source: "Historic Images of Boerne, 1982" by Garland A. Perry

Back to Monuments Page