|ID # 62233:||ORIGINAL USE: Hotel||PRESENT USE: Bank||CURRENT OWNER: Bank|
|OWNERS:||LOCATION: Original Town Lot # 104||DATE:c1880 Style/Period: Victorian||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO|
|BUILDER:||CONSTRUCTED OF: Wood frame; windows||CONDITION: Gone||DESCRIPTION:|
HISTORY: The James Hotel was operated by Frank Schwarz and his wife, Frederike Lenz Schwarz. It burned down in the early part of the twentieth century and was not rebuilt. In the 1950's this lot was occupied by a service station operated by Mr. Reimer. He lived in the brick house next door. In the 1970's the station was torn down and the Community Savings Bank was built. That building still stands on the lot and was occupied by Guaranty Federal Savings Bank and other offices in the 1990's. The current occupant is Jefferson State Bank- December 2007
Source: Boerne Public Library files.